BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

my Own rEsearCh: pUblic SpeAkiNg apPreHeNsIOn

When i was in the third semester, I got one individual assignment for one subject. That is a individual research, and we can choose our own topic and done the research in 4 month. For me it is very hard to do our own research but as usual, just take that challenge and face it with a high commitment and responsibility. So, I look to my self and realize my weakness is, I'm very feared to speak in front of public.I think most of the student also face the same thing for the first time.So, I done my research with the topic 'Public Speaking Apprehension among The Students'.
You know what, people have feared speaking in public or done the presentation in their class since they first began doing it. And those who teach others to speak publicly have been concerned with helping students overcome their fears almost as long. Public speaking apprehension, a type of communication anxiety, is the level of fear a person experiences when anticipating or actually speaking to an audience.Almost all of us have some level of public speaking apprehension. Yet this apprehension hardly ever stops people from speaking. From what I see, public speaking apprehension is most commonly caused by negative self-talk. For your information, self-talk is defined as the thoughts about success or failure that go through your mind in a particular situation. For example, telling yourself you can't possibly get through a presentation or that you're bound to fail when giving a speech is self-defeating because it increases your anxiety. Where do these negative thoughts come from? the root of negative self-talk that ultimately result in public speaking apprehension are still being studied, but several have been suggested. These roots include biologically based temperament,previous experiences, and level of skills. But today, we can benefit from a significant wealth of research studies that have identified methods for helping us overcome our nervousness.

Hey peoples!! The signs of public speaking apprehension vary from individual to individual, and symptoms range from mild to debilitating. Symptoms may include physical, emotional, and mental reactions. Physically, you may experience stomach upset, flushed skin, sweating, shaking, lightheadadness, rapid or heavy heartbeats, and verbal dysfluencies including stuttering and vocalized pauses like "you know," "ah," "um" and etc. Emotionally you may feel anxious, worried or upset. You might also experience specific negative thought patterns. For examples, a highly apprehensive person might dwell on thoughts such as " I'm going to make a fool of myself" or "I just know that I'll blow it."
Luckily, the level of public speaking apprehension we experience seems to vary and gradually decreases as we speak.
Do you know many of us believe that we would be better off if we could be totally free from nervousness and apprehension. Some tension is constructive, the goal is not to eliminate nervousness but to learn how to manage it.
To finish and done this research, it is involve some methods and this is just a bit conclusion from my research. It's also need me to read a lot of book about the apprehension especially in public speaking anxiety. I'm also learn it from the people and catch their golden experiences.
Thanks to ALLAH for the idea and everything He give to me and I'm past this task in successfull way. Also I'm fly my thanks to my lovely lecturer of this subject, Dr.Mariah Muda.
victory.. ;)

0 comments: